European Funds with US Connections Tax Update, 26 May
26 May 2021
We invite you to join Bradley Albin, our International Corporate Tax Director, for a topical webinar presented in partnership with the Association for Corporate Growth Holland (ACG) on European Funds with US Connections – Update on the US Tax Environment.
15:45 – Event registration
16:00 – Presentation (approx.1 hour including Q&A)
17:00 – Networking
The session aims to provide insight into the additional reporting and compliance requirements that come with accepting US investors or investing in US assets and de-mystify some of the jargon surrounding it. We will also provide insight into the latest Biden tax changes and their impact on funds.
This event will take place within the ACG Holland Remo virtual networking platform, providing a great opportunity to network with fellow registrants before and after the event. If you want to take advantage of this networking opportunity, please plan for more time at the start and end of the webinar.
Who should attend:
• People in finance or tax roles with European LP funds that have, or are targeting, US investors or that are investing in US assets
• Fund administrators, lawyers or local tax advisers whose fund clients have US connections
Topics to be covered include:
• How do I structure my fund to accept US investors?
• What is a PFIC, and who needs to know?
• Who needs a K-1, and how do I provide one?
• Does the fund ever have to file in the US if there are no US investments?
• Will my fund be generating UBTI, and why does this matter?
• Changes to the rules for reporting partner capital accounts
• How do my European investors get returns paid on time from US exits?
• What is the role of a Partnership Representative, and do I need one?
• How is the fund or the investors affected by Biden tax changes to carried interest and capital gains rates?
REGISTER NOW to reserve your place. If you have any questions email Fiona Merckx.
Feel free to share this invitation with interested colleagues and on LinkedIn. We hope you can attend.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant