- Individual Tax
- US Tax Overview
- UK Tax Overview
Our Individual Tax Services
Annual Tax Return Preparation
The US is the only developed country in the world that taxes its citizens on worldwide income,
no matter where they live. Under the US tax system, US persons are required to file annual
US income tax returns. Residing outside the US exposes a US person to additional US tax
compliance obligations and planning issues.
Non-US persons must also comply with the US tax rules if they have investments or income/
gains directly (or indirectly through a partnership) in the United States.
What we provide:
- A unique, individualized service and creative solutions
- US tax compliance (tax return preparation for 500+ forms) and international tax reporting
- Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), FinCEN Form 114 preparation
- Advice on foreign tax credits
- Tax implications of investments and capital gains
- Wealth and inheritance planning
- Trust advisory & compliance services
- Tax planning for property purchases
- Pension tax planning
- Foreign corporation tax advisory & compliance services
- Expatriation tax advice & compliance
- State tax advice
- Tax treaty advice
It is important for Americans living abroad to coordinate tax planning in accordance with tax legislation in their country of residence to achieve the most beneficial tax treatment. Early advice and planning help to significantly reduce overall taxation and avoid penalties for not filing timely.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant