Top 10 Financial Planning & Tax Issues for US Expats in UK
10 September 2020
US citizens living in the UK face many obstacles to successfully growing their wealth. These cross-border financial planning and international tax issues are complex but do not have to be overwhelming.
USTAXFS and Roundtable Wealth Management are presenting a webinar on 10 September 2020, designed to address the unique financial planning and tax issues currently facing American citizens living in the UK. Effective investing for American expats requires a deep understanding of tax and reporting rules in multiple jurisdictions.
We will address common issues encountered by American citizens living in the UK and provide an overview of US/UK strategies.
*Bonus Topic* Impact of US Election/UK Budget on Financial Planning
Topics for discussion:
• Building a strategic and tax-efficient US/UK investment portfolio
• Tax strategies for US/non-US couples
• Currency management techniques
• US/UK taxation of mortgages
• Retirement outside the United States
• Properly using UK pension accounts
• Relinquishing US citizenship or Green Card
• Tax compliance issues related to UK domicile & residence
• Cross-border insurance strategies
• Estate and Gift Tax (IHT) issues/ using trusts
Date & Time: 10 September 2020, 3:30pm BST
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant