SNABC DOING BUSINESS IN THE USA WEBINAR – March 2023
22 March 2023
Meet USA trade experts for a virtual ‘whistle-stop’ tour of Scotland’s top export destination with advice on opportunities for your products and services. Gain practical tips and guidance which will help you to set up, grow and develop your business from those who have made that journey.
The USA continues to be Scotland’s top international trading partner with around 17.1% of all our exports entering the States, worth £5.5 billion. The USA’s size alone, covering four time zones across 50 states and vast cultural differences across regions, means it has to be treated as a series of regional markets, with different characteristics and business practices.
We are pleased to be partnering with the Scottish North American Business Council event, along with Delta Air Lines and the US Consulate Edinburgh to offer a quick, practical introduction to international trade opportunities in the USA across a range of key sectors, including life sciences, electronics, technology, financial services, food and drink.
Date: Wednesday, 22 March 2023 (Virtual)
Time: 14:00 – 16:45 GMT
The states attending include Iowa, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Wisconsin. You can get your questions answered by an expert panel and hear first-hand from business professionals based across the US who have an affinity for Scotland and are willing to share their expertise. Additionally, Scottish companies who have already achieved success across the Atlantic will share their experiences and top tips.
The event will focus on all aspects of trading with the USA including, how to identify routes to market, financing your trade and getting paid, legal aspects of trading in the USA, protecting your intellectual property, tax considerations, and cultural differences to consider prior to expanding into the US.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Rosemary Gallant, US Embassy London
- Jack Hillmeyer, Consul General Edinburgh
- Finn Weisse, State of Kentucky
- Richard Kilner, Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Anke Goebel de Mendez, State of Iowa
- Katy Sinnott, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
- Nora Rothrock & James Debate, USTAXFS
- Phillip Swan, Global Scot & Co-Founder & Co-Chief Executive Officer/GTM and Growth
- Duncan McNeill-McCallum, Chief Innovation Officer, Viosmart Marketplace, Founding Board Member, Box for Good Foundation
- Anne Lanc, CEO, Ionburst
- Lee Evans, CEO, Entertainment Promotions
- Katie Birrell, Head of International Sales, Nairn’s Oatcakes
- Hugh Devine, VP, Compliance Strategy, CompliancePath
To register for this event please visit here to book your place. Please note this is a virtual event.
For additional information, email email@example.com or call on 07982 250 682.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant