SNABC US Expansion April seminar in Edinburgh
24 April 2019
The Scottish North American Business Council (SNABC) along with its partners, including Scottish Development International (SDI), USTAXFS, and the US Commercial Service, will offer a quick, practical introduction to international trade opportunities in the USA.
Join us on April 24th in Edinburgh for Doing Business in the USA. Discover which US states offer the best opportunities for your products and services. Plus, get practical tips and guidance to help you set up, grow and develop your business.
The day will focus on all aspects of trading with the USA including:
- Getting started and who to contact for tailored support
- How to research your market
- How to identify routes to market
- Financing your trade and getting paid
- Legal and tax aspects of trading in the USA
- Protecting your intellectual property in the USA
Date: 24 April 2019
Venue: RSM, Quay 2, 139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh EH3 9QG
Confirmed panelists include:
- John Simmons, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, Embassy of the United States of America
- Alison Grieve, CEO, G Hold
- James Macsween MD, Macsween of Edinburgh
- Ryan McCabe, CEO, Odro
- James Debate, Corporate Tax Manager, US Tax & Financial Services
To reserve a place at this seminar, register here.
For more information on the event email Allan Hogarth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07982250682.
In association with:
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant