Trade in the USA – SelectUSA Jersey Event
10 & 11 October 2019
Are you a business in Jersey considering US expansion? Join SelectUSA, USTAXFS, and an expert US panel in Jersey for practical advice on how. This seminar will discuss potential opportunities for companies in Jersey to begin or expand business in the United States.
- How do current economic uncertainties impact the future U.S.-UK transatlantic relationship, and what does this mean for companies in Jersey?
- Why, when and how should companies consider moving from an export to an investment strategy?
- How do businesses, associations, and government agencies engage with U.S. states, cities and regions to grow their U.S. network and presence?
- Rosemary Gallant, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs, U.S. Embassy London
- Jonathan Strassberg, U.S. Attorney at Law & Solicitor of England & Wales, True Course
- James Debate, Corporate Tax Manager, US Tax & Financial Services
- Frank Levene, Independent Director, EMEA, Avitus Group Companies
- Gus Franklyn-Bute, Senior Regional Investment Advisor, SelectUSA
- Alexia McClure, COO, Jersey Business
08:30 Registration, breakfast & networking
09:00 Welcome, Panel & Case Studies
11:30 Coffee, pastries, networking
There will be an opportunity in the afternoon for one to one meetings with the US delegation.
Reserve your place for the SelectUSA Jersey Seminar here.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant