Nora Rothrock Joins SNABC US Election Special Event Nov. 4
4 November 2020
2020. There are simply not enough descriptive phrases for this year. But the roller coaster is not over yet – two more massive game-changers are mere days and weeks away – the upcoming US election and Brexit. Both of these will have a significant impact on us in the UK.
On 4 November, or the ‘morning after’, we join the Scottish North American Business Council for a post-election briefing on what promises to be a fascinating discussion amongst political analysts and business advisors from both sides of the Pond. We will discuss in particular the implications for Scotland and Scottish business.
I will be joining a fantastic group of experts and would very much welcome your observations and input as well for a spirited discussion of the results. Let’s hope there is a result!
9:00 Welcome from Scottish North America Business Council
- Professor Anthony McGann, Leading Political Scientist, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Murray Leith, Leading Political Scientist, University of West of Scotland
- Jason Boxt, Founder of 3W Insights, a Washington DC based Strategic Research Firm
Comments and Observations:
- Nora Rothrock, Group Managing Director, USTAXFS
- Steve Bridges, Director UK & Ireland, US State of Indiana and former UK Consul General in Chicago
- Simon Hart, Lead International Partner, RSM
10:20 Closing Remarks, Ellen Wong, Principal Officer, US Consulate Edinburgh
10.30 Vote of Thanks: David Carrick, Chairman, SNABC
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant