March/April 2018: Calling IFAs – What you need to know about US connected clients
Opportunities for IFAs to service US connected persons in the UK
There is an estimated $1 trillion in cash held by over 10 million US persons living outside of the United States. Since the implementation of FATCA, providing investment solutions for US expats has been increasingly problematic.
In addition, even if funds like UCITs will accept US connected investors, they are being treated as non-reporting PFICs (Passive Foreign Investment Company) and many investors are being taxed punitively.
Learn about solutions allowing expats of all types to access investment markets, and provide investment fund managers and client wealth advisors with an easy solution to the reporting complexities for these investors.
- Do you have US clients that you’ve sold a PFIC product to?
- Do you want to work with US connected people?
- Do you have client’s who need to complete a US tax return?
- Do you have US clients you want to do more business with?
- Does your AML reporting actively identifying US persons?
- Are your clients clear about FATCA reporting and Form W8-BEN?
- Are you looking to grow your business?
Join our tax and financial planning experts to understand how we can help your business access this underserved market of Americans living in the UK, providing significant revenue and growth potential.
21 February 2018
28 February 2018
07 March 2018
28 March 2018
08:00 AM – Breakfast Refreshments
08:30 AM – 10:00 (GMT)
US Tax & Financial Services
3 Harbour Exchange Square
Topics Covered & Case Study
- What is a US connected person
- Recognizing a US connected person in your client base
- Consequences of putting US connected persons into the wrong investment vehicles
- What if you have sold someone PFICs
- Investment solutions for US connected persons
Presented in association with Beacon American Advisors.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant