Services for Corporations
As an integrated firm of cross-border tax lawyers and accountants, US Tax & Financial Services is an excellent alternative to the Big 4 in terms of pricing, experience with senior advisors and teams, and a proven history of working in multiple jurisdictions.
Local, experienced and convenient
We maintain offices in key markets in European time zones, making it more convenient for those working hours outside of the US. With a pragmatic and experienced corporate team, we provide an individualized proactive service and do not follow any pre-determined positions.
We’ve outlined the primary areas of our support and services for corporations, and highly recommend a consultation with one of our corporate advisors to explore which categories and issues may apply.
We work with many different types of entities:
- US corporations
- Foreign corporations
- Controlled Foreign Corporations (CFCs)
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs)
- US partnerships
- Foreign partnerships
- Controlled foreign partnerships
- Limited liability partnerships
Our corporate advisory specialties include:
- Unrelated Business Tax Income (UBTI) for income derived from unrelated business activities of an otherwise tax-exempt entity
- US expansion support for foreign companies going into the US, and structuring those operations for tax efficiency
- FATCA & CRS regulations and issues
Our compliance services include:
- Tax compliance (return preparation and informational reporting)
- US corporation tax return, Form 1120
- US income tax liability of a foreign corporation, Form 1120-F
- Controlled foreign corporations, Form 5471
- Transfers of property to a foreign corporation, Form 926
- Passive Foreign Investment Companies (PFICs) – annual information statement, intermediate entities and testing status
- Partnership returns‚ Form 1065
- K-1s (can be a complicated filing)
- Foreign partnerships, Form 8865
- Reportable transaction disclosure statement, Form 8886
- State returns and registration statements for the various states
- Other local taxes
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant