US CORPORATE TAX MANAGER (London)
With over 35 years of experience in the tax compliance industry, we take pride in delivering world-class client service across our offices in London, Zurich, and Geneva to a continuously expanding client base spread across over thirty countries. We specialize in providing tax advice, planning and compliance services for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates subject to the US tax system.
The role – you will be managing your own corporate group client portfolio, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level and spotting opportunities where we can assist clients with tax planning and bespoken tax advice while contributing to the acquisition of new work/clients. As a Tax Manager, you will work with Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates to ensure the work is appropriately delegated and client deadlines are met, ensuring that complex US Corporate and Partnership tax returns are accurately reviewed, guiding and supporting junior team members in their professional and personal growth, and working with our support staff to ensure billing deadlines are met and invoices paid in a timely manner.
- 5-8 years experience in corporate compliance acquired ideally with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior Private Equity Fund exposure will be a bonus.
- Qualified US CPA or equivalent preferred, Enrolled Agent minimum.
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a major tax preparation software required.
- Ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- A highly competitive remuneration package based on past experience and performance and including a discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life insurance.
- An opportunity to join our multilingual teams lead by US CPAs and US attorneys with experience in the Big 4 and Fortune 500, they provide a supportive and collegiate working environment where personal and professional development is encouraged around our core values focusing on our Clients, Technical Knowledge and Teamwork and working towards our Vision by delivering on our commitments.
You will need to meet UK legal working requirements, including EU citizens with resident status or current work visa. Applications from candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK can be considered in exceptional circumstances (candidates must meet/exceed requirements).
Please send your CV with a cover letter specifying how you meet the above requirements and include your current remuneration package to recruit@ ustaxfs.com.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant