TRUST TAX MANAGER – LONDON
TRUST TAX MANAGER
2 August 2023
The Role: We are seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our expanding Trust. This is an exciting time to join, as you will be provided with opportunities to contribute to the development of a new division and expanding team while you continue to develop your excellent client service skills.
- Managing your own client portfolio, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level.
- Work with Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates to ensure work is appropriately delegated and client deadlines are met.
- Ensuring complex returns are accurately reviewed.
- Constant learning in other key areas of tax to spot opportunities where we can assist clients with tax planning and provide bespoke tax advice.
- Closely working with junior staff members to support and guide them in their professional growth, both technically and personally, and liaising with HR where guidance is required.
- Working with support staff on client billing processes to ensure billing deadlines are met and invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Working as part of a team and assisting colleagues when required
- Current US CPA or Enrolled Agent (as a minimum)
- 5-8 years of experience in US-UK tax compliance acquired in a similar role, ideally with a Big 4 or boutique firm, serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong US tax technical knowledge.
- Knowledge of US trust issues, for example, preparing/reviewing Forms 3520/3520-A and preparing DNI/UNI trust tax accounts
- Proficiency in Excel and major tax preparation software required (CCH Axcess preferred).
- The ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are a plus.
- You will need to meet UK legal working requirements. Applications from EU/EFTA nationals currently with no UK resident status and other Third-Party nationals will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Please send your CV with a cover letter specifying how you meet the above requirements and including your current remuneration package to Noemi Ares-Birch at email@example.com.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant