- Managing your own client portfolio, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level
- Work with Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates to ensure work is appropriately delegated and client deadlines are met
- Ensuring complex returns are accurately reviewed
- Constant learning in other key areas of tax to spot opportunities where we can assist clients with tax planning and provide bespoke tax advice
- Closely working with junior staff members to support and guide them in their professional growth, both technically and personally, and liaising with HR where guidance is required
- Working with support staff on client billing processes to ensure billing deadlines are met and invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Working as part of a team and assisting colleagues when required
- 5-8 years US and UK (dual handler) individual tax experience; or US only individual tax experience; or US corporate tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients
- US CPA or Enrolled Agent. ATT is desirable for dual handler roles, but not essential.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build working relationships with both clients and colleagues
- Well organized and works well under pressure to ensure key deadlines and targets are met
- Ability to work in the UK preferred, but not essential
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary bonus structure, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life assurance, etc. Please contact us for further details.
Download a printable version of the Tax Manager job description.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant