- Prepares basic tax returns and works with Senior Associates and Managers to learn to prepare more complex returns
- Gathers data for correspondence to clients and tax authorities
- Uses initiative to learn technical solutions and deliverables for clients
- Learns workpaper documentation
- Manages time well and understands budgets
- Becomes proficient in the company’s software tools
- Attends client meetings with senior members of the team
- Attends industry events with senior members of the team
- 1-2 years US and UK (dual handler) individual tax experience; or US only individual tax experience; or US corporate tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients
- A US CPA or Enrolled Agent, or studying to be a US CPA, Enrolled Agent or ATT
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and works well under pressure
- Ability to work in the UK
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary bonus structure, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life assurance, etc. Please contact us for further details.
Download a printable version of the Tax Associate job description.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant