- Managing a portfolio of clients of varying complexity, including high net worth individuals, partnerships, trusts, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level
- Effectively and efficiently scheduling and managing professionals on engagements and in the office
- Assisting Directors with firm strategic initiatives, proposals and ad hoc assignments
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling and consulting/advisory projects
- Demonstrating expertise in and strictly adhering to Firm standards, processes and procedures
- Establishing and fostering relationships in the marketplace with companies (non-clients) in the tax field through networking, community activity and professional activities
- Demonstrates ability to speak at outside conferences/forums and professional organizations including internal meetings and/or training
- Continuously demonstrates technical expertise and has the ability to articulate current tax positions
- A proactive approach to teaching technical training to colleagues
- Closely working with junior staff members to support and guide them in their professional growth, both technically and personally, and liaising with HR where guidance is required
- Promoting and projecting a positive image of the firm, internally and externally, while adhering to the firm’s core values
- 8 years + US and UK (dual handler) individual tax experience; or US only individual tax experience; or US corporate tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients
- US CPA or Enrolled Agent. ATT is desirable for dual handler roles, but not essential.
- Strong technical knowledge
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to build working relationships with both clients and colleagues
- Well organised and works well under pressure to ensure key deadlines and targets are met
- Ability to work in the UK preferred, but not essential
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary bonus structure, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life assurance, etc. Please contact us for further details.
Download a PDF version of the Senior Tax Manager job description.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant