Senior Tax Associate
- Prepares complex tax returns
- Reviews US and UK returns prepared by Tax Associates and Interns for accuracy
- Manages own client portfolio
- Prepares budgets
- Proactive client management
- Uses initiative to provide technical solutions and deliverables for clients
- Proficient in use of tax research material
- Attends client meetings with senior members of the team
- Contributes to the acquisition of new work/clients
- Prepares advice for advisory projects and ensures clients are kept up to date
- Attends industry events with senior members of the team
- 3-5 years US and UK (dual handler) individual tax experience; or US only individual tax experience; or US corporate tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients
- US CPA or Enrolled Agent
- Strong technical knowledge
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Organised and works well under pressure
- Ability to work in the UK preferred, but not essential
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration package, including a discretionary bonus structure, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life assurance, etc. Please contact us for further details.
Download a printable version of the Senior Tax Associate job description.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant