SENIOR TAX ASSOCIATE (Geneva- Zurich)
With over 35 years of experience in the tax compliance industry, we take pride in delivering world-class client service across our offices in London, Zurich, and Geneva to a continuously expanding client base spread across over thirty countries. We specialize in providing tax advice, planning and compliance services for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates subject to the US tax system.
Following a period of growth, we are now seeking to recruit a Senior Tax Associate to join the Individual Tax Group in our Swiss offices.
You will be focusing on compliance and assisting in managing our client portfolio, preparing, and reviewing complex US Individual tax returns, carrying out research to provide technical solutions and deliverables for clients, preparing budgets, preparing advice for advisory projects, and contributing to the acquisition of new work/clients. You will be provided with opportunities to get involved with our clients’ businesses to develop your advisory and leadership skills.
- Qualified Senior Tax Associate preferred (US CPA / Enrolled Agent),
- a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in individual compliance acquired ideally with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- English-speaking; fluency in French or German will be an advantage. The role will be based in either our Geneva or Zurich office.
- Proficiency in Excel and a major tax preparation software required.
- Ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- A highly competitive remuneration package based on past experience and performance and including a discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life insurance.
- An opportunity to join our multilingual teams lead by US CPAs and US attorneys with experience in the Big 4 and Fortune 500, they provide a supportive and collegiate working environment where personal and professional development is encouraged around our core values focusing on our Clients, Technical Knowledge and Teamwork and working towards our Vision by delivering on our commitments.
You will need to meet Swiss legal working requirements, including EU citizens with the right to work in Switzerland who are looking to relocate. Applications for Third-Party nationals (i.e., non-EU/EFTA nationals) will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances for candidates exceeding the above requirements and only if other avenues have been exhausted.
Please send your CV with a cover letter specifying how you meet the above requirements and include your current remuneration package to recruit@ ustaxfs.com.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant