PRIVATE CLIENT US TAX MANAGER – ZURICH/GENEVA
PRIVATE CLIENT US TAX MANAGER
18 October 2023
Are you a driven individual with prior experience in US tax preparation? We are looking for a detail-oriented and motivated (Senior) US Tax Manager for the Private Client Group in our Zurich or Geneva office. Depending on your level of experience, we would welcome applications from tax professionals with five years’ up to ten years’ individual tax experience. A more senior title will be given according to level of experience.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of US tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Thoroughly and accurately analyze information to ensure precision and compliance
- Conduct a detailed review and provide your signature for US tax filings prepared for clients, maintaining the highest standards of quality
- Prepare practical and creative solutions to clients’ tax situations, arriving at appropriate conclusions. Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans
- Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas, guiding clients toward optimal outcomes
- Establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients, built on trust and exceptional service
- Pursue and share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery
- Identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other specialized services, contributing to clients’ financial success
- Leverage technology to continually maximize productivity, ensuring timely and accurate results
- Encourage communication and effectively supervise team members to foster a collaborative work environment
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development
- 5-10 years US tax experience especially for individuals with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients
- Bachelor’s degree and Enrolled Agent or US CPA
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively teach technical training to peers and staff
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-orientated, organized, and able to work well under pressure
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages are a plus
We are looking forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references, diplomas) to email@example.com, Delphine Küng, HR Consultant.
You will need to meet Swiss legal working requirements (including EU citizens with resident status or current work visa). Applications from candidates requiring sponsorship to work in Switzerland can be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant