PRIVATE CLIENT GROUP – TAX ASSOCIATE
PRIVATE CLIENT GROUP TAX ASSOCIATE
16 August 2022
The role – you will be preparing basic tax returns and will work with Senior Tax Associates and Managers to learn to prepare more complex returns and assist in the management of the Private Client Group portfolio; gathering data for correspondence and tax authorities and using initiative to learn technical solutions and deliverables for clients while learning workpaper documentation. You will be using software tools to manage time and understand budgets. Alongside senior members of the team, you will attend client meetings and industry events.
- Current Enrolled Agent or similar qualification preferred, or progress towards becoming a US Enrolled Agent; while not required ATT qualifications would be advantageous
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in US tax compliance acquired in a similar role, serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior exposure to UK taxes will be a bonus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a major tax preparation software required (CCH Axcess preferred).
- Ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
- You will need to meet UK legal working requirements. Applications from EU/EFTA nationals currently with no UK resident status and other Third-Party nationals will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant