CORPORATE/FUND TAX ASSOCIATE (London)
With over 35 years of experience in the tax compliance industry, we take pride in delivering world-class client service across our offices in London, Zurich, and Geneva to a continuously expanding client base spread across over thirty countries. We specialize in providing tax advice, planning and compliance services for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates subject to the US tax system.
Following a period of growth, we are currently seeking an experienced US tax compliance associate to join the corporate/funds team.
The role will involve the preparation of US corporate and partnership tax returns along with the associated underlying calculations applying the applicable US tax concepts; gathering data for correspondence to clients and tax authorities and applying initiative to learn technical solutions for client deliverables while learning workpaper documentation. You will be involved in the research of US tax concepts, will demonstrate technical knowledge in US tax applicable to your grade and follow the developments in US taxation and relevant technology. You will be using software tools to manage time and understand budgets. Along senior members of the team you will attend clients’ meetings and industry events.
- 1-2 years US corporate and/or partnership tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients. Experience with Private Equity and/or Venture Capital funds is beneficial.
- Current US CPA, Enrolled Agent or similar qualification preferred, or progress towards becoming a US CPA, Enrolled Agent or ATT.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organised and demonstrates the ability to adjust frame of thinking and quickly change priorities.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages a plus.
- A highly competitive remuneration package based on past experience and performance and including a discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life insurance.
- An opportunity to join our multilingual teams lead by US CPAs and US attorneys with experience in the Big 4 and Fortune 500, they provide a supportive and collegiate working environment where personal and professional development is encouraged around our core values focusing on our Clients, Technical Knowledge and Teamwork and working towards our Vision by delivering on our commitments.
You will need to meet UK legal working requirements, including EU citizens with resident status or current work visa. Applications from candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK can be considered in exceptional circumstances (candidates must meet/exceed requirements).
Please send your CV with a cover letter specifying how you meet the above requirements and including your current remuneration package to recruit@ ustaxfs.com.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant