CORPORATE TAX MANAGER – ZURICH, GENEVA
The role – you will be managing your own corporate group client portfolio, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level and spotting opportunities where we can assist clients with tax planning and bespoken tax advice while contributing to the acquisition of new work/clients. As a Tax Manager, you will work with Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates to ensure the work is appropriately delegated and client deadlines are met, ensuring that complex US Corporate and Partnership tax returns are accurately reviewed, guiding, and supporting junior team members in their professional and personal growth, and working with our support staff to ensure billing deadlines are met and invoices paid in a timely manner.
Exceptional candidates who have more extensive experience might be considered for a role as a Corporate Senior Tax Manager
- 5-8 years’ experience in corporate compliance acquired ideally with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior Private Equity Fund and Venture Capital exposure will be a bonus.
- Qualified US CPA or equivalent preferred, Enrolled Agent minimum.
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a major tax preparation software required.
- Ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant