CORPORATE US TAX MANAGER – LONDON
CORPORATE US TAX MANAGER
19 January 2023
The role – you will be managing your own corporate group client portfolio, ensuring client service is maintained at a high level and spotting opportunities where we can assist clients with tax planning and bespoken tax advice while contributing to the acquisition of new work/clients. As a Tax Manager, you will work with Tax Associates and Senior Tax Associates to ensure the work is appropriately delegated and client deadlines are met, ensuring that complex US Corporate and Partnership tax returns are accurately reviewed, guiding and supporting junior team members in their professional and personal growth, and working with our support staff to ensure billing deadlines are met and invoices paid in a timely manner.
- 5-8 years experience in corporate compliance acquired ideally with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients where you would have developed strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Private Equity and/or Venture Capital Fund exposure is preferable.
- Qualified US CPA or equivalent preferred, Enrolled Agent minimum.
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel is required and exposure to major tax software (CCH Axcess) is a bonus.
- Ability to work as part of a team that is primarily virtual is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- You will need to meet UK legal working requirements, including EU citizens with resident status or current work visa. Applications from candidates requiring sponsorship to work in the UK can be considered in exceptional circumstances (candidates must meet/exceed requirements).
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant