ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Individual Tax Group) – London office
With over 35 years of experience in the tax compliance industry, we take pride in delivering world-class client service across our offices in London, Zurich, and Geneva to a continuously expanding client base spread across over thirty countries. We specialize in providing tax advice, planning and compliance services for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts and estates subject to the US tax system.
You will be part of the Individual Tax Group management team focusing on new business development, providing outstanding client service and being an active leader. You will be managing a portfolio of clients varying in complexity and including high net worth individuals while actively participating in the running the firm’s business and assisting Directors with firm strategic initiatives, proposals and ad-hoc assignments; establishing and fostering relationships in the marketplace in the tax field, and speaking at outside conferences/forums; seen already as a Technical expert on your field with the ability to articulate tax positions and write technical memos with authoritative support; as a leader you will be closely working with staff members to ensure their professional growth, ensuring productive and acceptable levels of realization and understanding how this affects the overall firm’s economics; bringing in business by contributing to market the firm’s image and capabilities, developing and cultivating referral sources and promoting and projecting a positive image of the firm both internally and externally while adhering to the firm’s core values. Based in London.
- 15+ years’ US and UK individual tax experience or US only individual tax experience with a Big 4 or boutique firm serving international clients.
- US CPA/ US Attorney or Enrolled Agent as a minimum; ATT or CTA desirable.
- Strong organizational and communications skills, as well as exceptional technical knowledge and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior Estate and Trusts exposure will be a bonus.
- Proficiency in Excel and a major tax preparation software required.
- Fluent written and spoken English, other languages a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team that will have significant virtual collaboration is critical, with high value placed on independent thinking that complements other team members.
- You will need to meet UK legal working requirements. Applications from EU/EFTA nationals currently with no UK resident status and other Third-Party nationals will be considered in exceptional circumstances for candidates exceeding the above requirements.
- A highly competitive remuneration package based on past experience and performance and including a discretionary bonus scheme, private medical insurance, company pension plan, life insurance.
An opportunity to join our multilingual teams lead by US CPAs and US attorneys with experience in the Big 4 and Fortune 500, they provide a supportive and collegiate working environment where personal and professional development is encouraged around our core values focusing on our Clients, Technical Knowledge and Teamwork and working towards our Vision by delivering on our commitments.
Please send your CV with a cover letter specifying how you meet the above requirements and including your current remuneration package to recruit@ ustaxfs.com.
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant