Wealth Management & Private Clients
The simple goal of Wealth Management is to protect and maximize personal and family wealth over generations. Each person may have different philosophies and objectives to their income and estate planning, but we know it takes the coordinated approach of a client’s trusted team of advisors to achieve optimal desired results.
Tax is an integral part of any wealth management plan. Complex US tax rules make cross border and generational planning a necessary focus, with serious consequences if ignored. Tax planning is not just about minimizing personal taxes on income and capital, it’s about a strategic and integrated plan to protect and build wealth over generations by choosing the tax efficient structures and investments.
US Tax & Financial Services is a unique firm of experienced income and estate planning lawyers and expert cross border tax professionals who work together in offering personal planning advice as well as US tax compliance services. In addition to working with our clients directly, we also work with wealth managers, banks, fund managers, lawyers, IFAs, Family Offices, Trustees and other professionals to ensure that the client has the best possible service.
- Planning through the use of Trusts
- Use of Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) and corporate asset holding vehicles
- Assist in the structuring of funds (i.e private equity, hedge, real estate, mutual), to determine the US tax consequences for both US and non-US investors (whether individuals or entities) in the funds
- Review other types of investment options – insurance, pensions, mutual funds, real estate, asset acquisitions, etc. for US tax consequences as many are taxed unfavorably compared to other alternatives
- Preparation of the income tax returns for individuals, trusts, stiftungs and business entities such as partnerships, corporations, and funds; as well as the morass of informational returns required for taxpayers residing outside the US or who have interest or investment in assets or entities outside the US. These include the following informational forms:
- FBAR (TD F 90-22.1)
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant