- Individual Tax
- US Tax Overview
- UK Tax Overview
UK Individual Tax
We prepare US tax returns to HMRC for expatriates living in the UK and anyone else who needs to submit a UK tax return.
All expatriates living in the UK can minimise exposure to UK tax by using a tax efficient structure of their compensation packages, assets and investments.
It’s important to coordinate tax planning in accordance with the tax legislation of the UK or other countries as required. This achieves the most beneficial tax treatment for individuals living in the UK and moving to work and live abroad. Early advice and planning can help to significantly reduce overall taxation and avoid penalties for not filing in a timely way.
We can help you with the following:
- Preparation of UK individual income tax returns for UK residents and non-residents
- Initial entry and exit interviews to advise individuals on the tax consequences of their stay in the UK
- HMRC correspondence and enquiries
- UK tax treaty advice with other countries
- Preparation, review and negotiation of employment packages to provide tax effective compensation
Did you Know?
Fact SevenThanks to FATCA banks must disclose their American account holders to the IRS or local tax authority.
Fact SixThe IRS is actively looking for non compliant US persons.
Fact FiveIt takes an average of 16 hours to do IRS Form 1040.
Fact FourThere are over 500 IRS tax forms.
Fact ThreeSince 1916, illegal income has been taxable.
Fact TwoUS persons must file tax returns no matter where they live and work.
Text One7 million Americans abroad
only 500,000 compliant